The purpose of women’s ministry at Harvest is to effectively lead our women into growing, vital, dependent walks with Christ and into transparent and meaningful fellowship with and discipleship of each other so that together the church may be built up for the glory of God and the spread of the gospel. The ministry is led by a team of women who serve under the spiritual leadership of our pastor and elders.
Our small group Bible studies encourage women to study the Word (using the inductive Bible study method) both with their hearts and their minds for accurate interpretation and application. Opportunities include:
– Wednesday mornings, 9:30-11:30 a.m. in Quinton at Priscilla Riley’s home
– Tuesday evenings, 7:00-8:30 p.m., in Mechanicsville at Kim Bradberry’s home.
Fellowship gatherings and annual retreats provide opportunities for deepening relationships with one another while being challenged by truths from the Word. We also encourage hospitality as a means to both ministering to those within the body of Christ as well as reaching out to others with the gospel of Christ.
Recommended resources …
– No Little Women: Equipping All Women in the Household of God, by Aimee Byrd
– Women of the Word, by Jen Wilkin
– Simeon Trust Workshops
– The Gospel Comes with a House Key, Rosaria Butterfield
For a list of current community Bible studies, locations, and dates please email us using the form below.